Bend and stretch before you Begin. Gardening is great form of exercise. It helps the yard look its best, produces a bountiful harvest and also a healthy and happy gardener.
Gardening chores- raking, hoeing, digging, mowing with push mower,weeding. Choose three of these things each time you are in the garden. Each one ranging from 5 minutes to an hour.
* Switch your position and stance every 5-15 minutes. crouch, then sit. Kneel on one knee, then on two knees; then stand and reach.
* Use wide, sweeping strokes, keeping movement smooth and steady when the rake and hoeing are being done.
* Breathe in and out regularly. Just as you would if you are exercising.
* When lifting keep your back straight, bend from the knees, and use your legs instead of your back.
* Bend your knees as you dig, letting your legs, not your back and arms, do most of the work. Alternate between a right-handed and a left-handed stance.
* When hand weeding, do not bend from the waist. Kneel or sit. Weed about 20 seconds, stand up, and alternate legs, if you kneel on one knee with one foot on the ground.
To do the gardening without hurting yourself. Getting a great benefit of better health and happiness. Beauty and produce can also benefit you life.
We would enjoy hearing your comments. Feel free to leave them.
Dan and Deanna "Marketing Unscrambled"